InTune Wellness 300-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Professional Yoga Training: Find Your Inner Voice
When does the training start?
InTune Professional YTT300 hour Teacher Training is offered once a year. Please join our waitlist for the next Teacher Training. By joining the waitlist you will be given 1st priority when registration opens 6 months before starting date. Next offering February 2022.
What is offered in the curriculum?
Our curriculum is presented in 10 modules. Each module emphasizes one of the yamas or niyamas and applies learning through the lens of the Five Koshas. In this setting we will cover…
- Specific styles of yoga: The pioneers of that specific style of yoga, and the specific sequencing for that style. Including Viniyoga, Dharma Yoga, Forrest Yoga, Power Yoga, Vinyasa Krama, Restorative, Iyengar, Anusara, Ashtanga, Yin, Bikram, Kriya Yoga, and many others.
- How to be a better yoga teacher through self-discovery and self-mastery.
- How to be more concise and clear with your teaching vocabulary.
- Mastering the art of presentations and workshops through experiential learning.
- Building and structuring a class with intelligent sequencing, transitions, theming, and creative flows.
- Teaching the Poses through progressive layering and strengthening your own practice.
- Understanding the “chikitsa” of yoga: the therapeutic application of yoga. Gaining a better knowledge of the how, why and what yoga practices can do for your students.
- Understanding Chakras, Nadis, and the subtle body layers.
- The practical application of Mudras, Mantras, and Mythology of Yoga.
- Deeper practices of Meditation and Yoga Nidra.
- The anatomy of breathing from the cells to the gross anatomical structure.
- Pranayama – Breathing methodology
- The Science and Psychology of Yoga and the mind.
- Being a Conscious Entrepreneur – The qualities and practices of being in business for yourself. From creating your unique brand, to social media, packaging, promotion, and profitability.
- Ten unique Yoga video practices for you to keep!
- A deeper understanding of the Yoga Sutras
- Ayurvedic Medicine
Your studies will also prepare you for speaking in public, being able to give a presentation, create and fill your own workshops.
What is the focus? What types of Yoga will we study?
Our main goal is to give you opportunities to be a better yoga instructor through self-discovery and self-mastery. The teachings are presented in a layered methodology covering: the physical aspects of Yoga, Prana/Breath (Pranamaya Kosha), Mental & Emotional studies of yoga, meditation, Science and psychology of yoga, and journaling.
You will be required to work hard, read the materials, and apply the knowledge you learn on and off the mat. Being the best YOU will enhance your teaching and confidence in all areas of your life.
The styles and traditions of yoga that we will focus on are many. Each module will highlight Yoga pioneers in a specific style of yoga. At least two will be presented every module.
How do I know this training is right for me?
This training is right for you if you…
- Have already completed a foundational yoga training of 200 hours or more and are ready to dive deeper.
- Are curious about learning other styles of yoga and what makes them unique.
- Want to up-level your skillset in sequencing and teaching other styles of yoga.
- Want to incorporate Mantras, Mudras, and Pranayama into your classes.
- Are committed to personal growth and inquiry.
- Want to further your education in the science of yoga and the mind.
- Want more training in Ayurveda practices and applications.
Teaching for at least a year is recommended though not required.
How much yoga experience is required?
Minimum of a 200 hour training and certification is required. Teaching for at least a year is recommended. This is an intense college-like professional training. It is to your advantage and our recommend that you have at least practiced yoga consistently for 1-2 years and are willing to practice consistently throughout the training. That said, your passion for learning and willingness to come prepared with an open mind, to jump in and immerse yourself in the teachings will be the determining factor on how rich your return is on your investment. You will get out what you put in and more!
What books are required and will they cost extra? Will I need to read them prior to class?
Your tuition includes the YTT 300 Hour Training Manual. There are 6 required books. Most of these books can be found used for under $15 on Amazon.com. These will serve as study material during the course. You are not required to read them beforehand though it is encouraged if you are in a position to do so.
- Yoga Toolbox (3rd E9dition), by Joseph and Lilian Le Page
- Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit, by Donna Farhi
- Chakra Yoga, by Anodea Judith
- The Yoga Sutras: One Woman’s Personal, Practical, and Playful Perspective, by D’ana Baptiste
- Sutra Study Guide: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, by D’ana Baptiste
- The Language of Yoga: Complete A-to-Y Guide to Asana Names, Sanskrit Terms, and Chants, by Nicolai Bachman
- The Yamas & Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice, by Deborah Adele
- Yoga: Spirit and Practice of Moving Into Stillness – Erich Schiffman
- David Swenson Ashtanga Manual
- Anatomy of Yoga by Abigail Ellsworth
- Yoga Adjustments
- Eastern Body/Western Mind by Anodea Judith
Do you have early bird pricing or full payment incentives?
Yes! Early birds who pay the full tuition 30 days in advance will receive $300 off the full tuition of $3636. Full payment by first day of class receives $200 off. No Interest Payment plans are available. We also offer ALL students 35% off our Zion Retreat (reg. $895-$1150) in Southern Utah.
How long will it take to get my certification?
This training will take approximately 1 full year to complete. All requirements must be met and tuition paid in order to receive your certification. You will have the option to finish your requirements for certification within 2 years. There are 10 modules in this training. Each module is presented on the first weekend of every month (Feb – Dec). Additionally there is an introductory night in January and a workshop weekend half way through the training in July.
What is the time commitment?
This course is the equivalent of taking a full college course. Outside homework is assigned and is approximately 8-10 hours per month. In addition, 1 video practice/wk is expected as well as your own personal/class practice.
There are 10 modules to this training. Each module is presented on the first weekend of every month. We meet on a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (see class times in table). Additionally there is an introductory night in January and a workshop weekend half way through in July.
Class Schedule is as follows*
Apr 29-May 1
May 12-15 (retreat included!)
Nov 4-6 (graduation)
Wed: 5-7pm on zoom x2/mo
*Additional workshop dates as required to complete requirements
Can I miss classes?
Class attendance plays a major role in your learning the material. Legitimate excused absences such as illness, work conflict, or family issues will be considered. One excused absence (8 hours total) does not require a make-up session, though you will need to know the material covered. Excessive absences (more than 8 hours) requires meeting with a Lead Instructor. After 5 excused absences or 3 unexcused absences Trainee will be put on probation. There are no refunds due to extended absences. Make-ups will be available as private consultations with Lead Instructors and will incur an extra fee at Instructor’s discretion.Apply Online